Dance Scholarships - provided for purchase of tuition, costumes and other training expenses
Junior Ballet Scholarship - Section 320A - 12 years and under. Major Cash Prizes to Winner and Runner-up
Senior Ballet Scholarship - Section 320B - 13 years and over. Major Cash Prizes to Winner and Runner-up
All finalists receive cash prizes.
Note: The Junior and Senior Scholarship events will be combined if there are insufficient entries to hold separate events.
For both ballet scholarships the competitors must
- have danced in a Classical Solo section
- have danced in a Demi-Character OR Modern/Lyrical/Contemporary
- have danced in the appropriate improvisation section 323
- participate in the Ballet Class held in a closed studio (conducted at the same venue - details announced in the Eisteddfod Programme )
- On the day of the Ballet Scholarships entrants will dance a Classical solo only (previously performed dances may be repeated). Finalists will be asked to dance again, either Lyrical, Demi or Contemporary.
NOTE: A previous winner of a Ryde Dance Scholarship may not re-enter the SAME event until 2 years has elapsed, i.e. the winner of a particular scholarship in 2020 may not reenter the event until 2022.