Specific Rules and Information relating to Dance Events.
- Dance Studios are reminded that it is their responsibility to obtain a licence from AMCOS for the broadcast of copyright material.
- Music with vocals may be used for any item except song-and-dance.
- Music will be faded out if time limits are exceeded.
- The competitor's dance music for that event must be labelled correctly and loaded into the correct event - see COMPETITOR MATERIALS UPLOAD INFORMATION
- Please bring a back-up copy in case of a fault in the upload
- AGE AND ELIGIBILITY
- All Full Time Dance Students who do not attend a Dept of Education/Private School MUST enter the Open age Sections (applies also to groups).
- First time dance entrants in Ryde Eisteddfod should be able to show a copy of of birth certificate. Age cut-off is 30th June.
- All Dance Groups entered MUST only have competitors who conform to the age of the Group (our cut off date for competitor age is June 30th). We do not accept an 'average age' of the Group as other Eisteddfods may do.
- Cameras, recording equipment and videos are strictly prohibited.
- If possible a licensed Video service will be available at the venue. This information will be available on the website closer to the performances.
- A Section may start 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time
- GROUPS - if a group item should feature a soloist or a duo this should not be for more than approximately 8 bars of music or 45 seconds.
- PROPS - for safety reasons, the use of props is not desirable. If they are essential to the dance, they should be small enough to be hand-held.
- School groups - please nominate on entry form if your school accepts only auditioned dancers for the group or if it is open to all comers. This will help us if the sections have to be divided.
- All dance performances require payment of an APRA fee - automatically added on online entry fee